Hello all.
Today I had an issue creating new pages in my Confluence 6.15.8 install running on Windows. When clicking the blue Create button, I would get a white, hung Chrome window.
Since I saw Confluence 7.0.1 is out, I decided to update to it to see if the issue was sorted. It wasn't.
And actually, since updating to 7.0.1, almost every page hangs (i.e. white Chrome window and loading wheel) the 1st time I open it. With most pages, it is enough to reload it and it actually loads and displays in Chrome. But when I hit the "Create" button, no matter how hard I try or how many times I reload the resulting page, nothing whatsoever displays.
Using the Chrome Developer tools, I can see that batch.js appears to hang indefinitely. This is the full URL:
[CONFLUENCEURL]/s/15d85232c5e5393def719e25c055372d-CDN/-uxxqgh/8202/6ec4be8a9be53dc4390b2cd3f9a4c5731ee93a77/ad6e21d76bdef7576db62e269956a2ab/_/download/contextbatch/js/editor-v4,atl.general,editor,macro-browser,main,page,-_super/batch.js?frontend.editor.v4=true&healthcheck-resources=true&hostenabled=true&locale=en-US&whisper-enabled=true

I have tried:
- Looking at the various confluence.log/synchrony.log/Catalina logs. There is absolutely nothing in there suspicious. There are no evident errors and Confluence seems to be loading fine.
- Chrome Incognito. No change.
- Clearing cookies and caches in Chrome. No change.
- Other browsers. Same behaviour.
- Clearing plugins cache. Nothing.
- Rebuilding content indexes. Nothing.
- Restarting Confluence. No error in the logs but same issue present.
- Rebooting the server. Nothing.
A few more points worth noting:
- The problem was there before the upgrade to 7.0.1. I didn't go in depth trying to diagnose it on the old version, but the behaviour is exactly the same.
- If I try and edit an existing page, the editor loads fine (except for the usual double-reload issue).
- The server and database servers are not out of space.
- Windows install is fine.
At this point I am totally out of my wits, and I have no idea what to try next. My Confluence install seems to be hopelessly broken right now, and I have no idea why 
Any good soul has any idea?