We're trialing Confluence on Win2012R2. It's a fresh, vanilla install. The installer runs successfully, though it leaves a console window with Tomcat open.
After playing in Confluence for a few minutes, I exit the Tomcat window. That appears to kill Confluence. I search for a Windows service... but there isn't one.
I go searching for a batch file that might create the service, and find "C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\bin\service.bat" that appears to do the job. I run it as administrator, with the "install" option. It installs a brand new Windows service. Terrific.
Only when I attempt to start the service, it errors out. The Windows application log shows this:
"The Atlassian Confluence Confluence240919080600 service terminated with the following service-specific error:
Incorrect function."
The "commons-daemon" log shows this:
[2019-09-24 09:06:55] [info] [ 3212] Commons Daemon procrun (1.1.0.0 64-bit) started
[2019-09-24 09:06:55] [info] [ 3212] Running 'Confluence240919080600' Service...
[2019-09-24 09:06:55] [info] [ 3692] Starting service...
[2019-09-24 09:06:55] [error] [ 3692] Failed creating Java
[2019-09-24 09:06:55] [error] [ 3692] ServiceStart returned 1
[2019-09-24 09:06:55] [info] [ 3212] Run service finished.
[2019-09-24 09:06:55] [info] [ 3212] Commons Daemon procrun finished
So, at this point I'm a little lost on how to fix it. If it is broken with a stock install, I doubt uninstall / reinstall will gain me much. Advice?