Hi all.
I want to show a custom field when they select a choice in a select list.
For example: A select list with YES or NO, if you select YES show a custom field to explain why you choose yes
How can I do it?
Thanks!
Hi @Ian Van Xanten,
I'm not sure about hide/display fields but you can enable/disable custom fields based on another field selection using simple javascript something like below.
below script will enable/disable one of the custom field based on the priority value selection
NOTE: you must place this script in the custom field's(Field description
<script type="text/javascript"> priority = document.getElementById('priority'); if (priority) { target = document.getElementById('customfield_10000'); // Hide the target field if priority isn't critical if (priority.value != 2) target.style.display='none'; priority.onchange=function() { if (this.value == 2) { target.style.display = ''; target.value="enter message here"; } else { target.style.display='none'; } } } </script>
BR,
Leo
Hi @Ian Van Xanten ,
With help of Dynamic Forms for Jira app you will create dynamic fields and helps to display Display only context-relevant fields to users.
Thanks,
Avinash
Thanks @Leo
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.