My company uses JIRA. I'm the project lead of a project with the key RR. The project is SCRUM based, I've created it some weeks ago. I planned two sprints with it without any problems.
Today, my team and I wanted to plan the third sprint within the project. Everything worked properly and we started the sprint. In the afternoon, it was gone. My investigation showed that it was closed by a colleague who is the project lead of another project with the key DP. It turned out that our sprint was renamed from RR-... to DP-... . My colleague saw a sprint belonging to his project and closed it.
The strange thing is: I can see the closed sprint in my project via the sprint report. He can see the same sprint in his sprint report (same name, same ID), but the tickets contained are different. I see tickets from my team (RR-...), he sees tickets from his team (DP-...).
Worst thing is that I cannot create any RR sprint anymore. When I click on "create sprint" in my RR project, the created sprint is named DP-... . There is no particular connection between the projects. It might be that some of the RR tickets link to DP tickets, I have also the right to create tickets in DP (as almost everybody in the company), I don't have any special role in the DP project.
I haven't found much information about this bug(?) on the web. Has anybody experienced something similar?