(Background)
We have a wiki page in a public space; let's say it was originally titled Creating Examples. The old link was something like wiki.oursite.com/PUBLIC/Creating+Examples, and someone shared this as a link. We have a private space for editing where changes are made.
After this person shared the link, the page was renamed Writing Examples, so the new link is wiki.oursite.com/PUBLIC/Writing+Examples, and the editable version is wiki.oursite.com/PRIVATE/Writing+Examples.
(The Problem)
When I (an admin, logged in) click the link this person shared, wiki.oursite.com/PUBLIC/Creating+Examples, I get the Page Not Found screen with the suggestion that maybe I am looking for wiki.oursite.com/PRIVATE/Writing+Examples. The PUBLIC page is not suggested.
However, when I click this link in an incognito/logged out browser, I get the Page Not Found screen with no suggestions. Presumably this is because the PUBLIC page is not connected to the renamed page in the same way the PRIVATE page is, although why those would be different I couldn't tell you.
I know there is a workaround, to train every employee to only share the tiny URL instead of what they can easily access in the URL bar, but I don't understand why the public version of this page was not suggested in the Page Not Found page.
Is there any way for me to make sure renamed pages are still offered as suggestions? How are these suggestions created?