BACKGROUND: I have created a GIT repository on the Lunarpages/HostPapa server. It is filled with content made from a copy of a production subdomain located on the same server. The repository is located above the public_html in which the production subdomain is located.
I have also created a GIT repository on BitBucket. With the exception of a .gitignore file it is empty. It shares the same as that of my repository on the Lunarpages/HostPapa server.
I have also created public and private keys of the SSH-RSA sort and copied the public key to my BitBucket account. Further, I have managed to establish a connection via the following command.
ssh -v git@bitbucket.org
The eventual response is "You can use git or hg to connect to Bitbucket. Shell access is disabled. This deploy key has read access to the following repositories:
Kiusau/grammercaptive".
When I open the settings for the empty repository in search of a place to enable access I can find no relevant menu option.
In addition, I have tried to push and clone from the Lunarpages/HostPapa to the BitBucket server via both HTTP request and SSH, but to no avail. The Atlassian guidelines -- no matter how I implement them -- simply do not resolve the problem. I am exhausted.
Please advise.
Roddy