I am in charge of setting up our new jira studio instance up for our customers to be able to log in and get documentation and issue tracking. I have the need to hide the people directory from certain/all users in my Jira Studio instance. I contacted support and they gave me this response:
We are not able to perform the requested change. In order to hide the People directory we need to change the source code. This change will only stay until the next upgrade. This type of customization of the instance is not supported as it cannot be a persistent change.
This is quite amazing to me that this isn't possible because I can't have a list of my customers and their email addresses published. I have searched around and now have the following questions and I asked them of support but have not recieved a response for a few days so I would like to see if I can get an answer to my questions here:
- In the documentation there are instructions on how to do this and it seems like a simple change but I don't have access to do it and from supports response it seems they are unwilling to do it. http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Hiding+the+People+Directory
- (figured this one out, see below) On confluence.atlassian.com the dashboard does not have the people directory link there but on my instance it is on the dashboard and I can't figure out how to remove it. Again in the documentation there are instructions on how to change the default page for confluence but I am unable to select anything but the Dashboard in my admin interface. http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+the+Site+Home+Page
- if you look at a user in the people directory at support.atlassian.com the user's email address is hidden. How do I do that? I changed the option in the administration interface under Issues | Global Settings | General Configuration to have the User email visibilty hidden but this doesn't change the ability to see the email address in the people directory.
If I could do any/all of the things above(especially the hiding of the email address) that would be very helpful in my attempt to make this be a solution for us.