Hi
My requirement is to have 2 calculated members on the Project domain; to filter out the jobs that two separate teams will have worked on.
Here's the proposition....
We have two separate development teams that work on 3 separate projects, for simplicity let's call the teams "Team A" and "Team B" and the projects "Project X", "Project Y" and "Project Z".
"Team A" will work on
- jobs in "Project X" where the Component is "Component 1" or "Component 2"
- jobs in "Project Y" where the Component is "Component 1" or "Component 3"
- jobs in "Project Z" where the Component is "Component 1" or "Component 2 " or "Component 3" or "Component 4"
"Team B" has a much more complex way of working and will work on all the other components in each project bar the ones worked on by Team A i.e.
- jobs in "Project X" where the Component is "Component 5" all the way to "Component 20"
- jobs in "Project Y" where the Component is "Component 15" all the way to "Component 30"
- jobs in "Project Z" where the Component is "Component 5" all the way to "Component 12"
I want to be able to have two calculated members on the project domain that filter out all the issues according to the rules above.
In trying to implement this I first built this calculated member which I called "Team A Project Jobs"....
Aggregate({
[Project].[X].[Component 1],
[Project].[X].[Component 2],
[Project].[Y].[Component 1],
[Project].[Y].[Component 3],
[Project].[Z].[Component 1],
[Project].[Z].[Component 2],
[Project].[Z].[Component 3]
})
This appears to work - but in defining "Team B Project Jobs" I don't want to name each component. I would have thought that I could use an approach below - but that appears to still bring through the components that Team A work on
Aggregate(
Except(
[Project].[Component].Members,
{
[Project].[Team A Project Jobs]
}
)
)
Please can you help - I'm 4 hours into trying to crack this one and I'm losing my mind?