I have Synchrony turned on, and I (and a colleague) can happily both edit the same page *but* we don't see each others' changes in real time. If we publish and refresh our sessions independently then changes are reflected. The question is whether this is how it is supposed to be, or if this is symptomatic of a misconfiguration somewhere.
I have had a quick look at the Troubleshooting page (https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf615/troubleshooting-collaborative-editing-967338688.html) but I'm not going to go on a deep dive until somebody confirms that what we are experiencing isn't what we should be experiencing!
That's an interesting question @Mike Hislop !
I am experience something similar on Cloud... we are not seeing the changes until the Space Owner does a final "Publish".As both Space Owner of many projects and the Atlassian Admin it doesn't worry me because I have ultimate power - but sometimes others aren't seeing changes published by others.I've reached out to the Community Leader group for some more knowledgeable nerds to jump in on this.
Ultimately though, this could be a Bug and might need fixing by Atlassian Support (via "Suggestions and Report a Bug").
Thanks. IMHO, 'Real time' should mean that I see what my colleague types pretty much as he types it, not waiting for a publish event to push his 'final' view back to me. (Particularly as I then have to do a refresh myself to see the change!).
Let me know what the nerds say!
Mike
That's definitely not what it should be doing. It actually sounds like the collaborative editing is turned off!
The Server (6.15) I'm using now has two other people editing, I can see their icons at the top, and coloured carets dancing around text they're adding/deleting/updating. Definitely real-time!
Thanks. I guess that means I am going to get my platform team to crawl over the configuration with a fine-toothed comb! Are you one of @Andy - PTC Redundant's nerds? :-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.