Hi guys,
I'm searching for a function or plugin for multi project management with JIRA. Is it possible at all?
Thanks and regards
Could you please elaborate? JIRA is a project management tool and it supports multiple projects. What exactly are you looking for?
Are you looking to administer multiple projects in JIRA at the same time? I don't think this is possible.
That's what I'm searching for, a possibility to manage many projects at the same time, in "1" view. There should be an overwiev:
- all ressources I have
- all ressources in process
- alert system for a disadvantage allocation
You are looking for Project Management Software, not Issue Tracking. I think there are some plugins trying to accomplish that in some degree, but they are different, you know ...
I searched yet but could not find an adequate. Did I overlook anyone or di you have a tip?
multi project management can be done in JIRA basically via five different ways:
* Using GreenHopper Scrum Board: (my favorite)- Here you can use a single scrum board to show all issues of all your projects including the different project versions and the versions's progress. - The sprints may be used for the planning. Many of my customers are happy with sprints like: "KW 1-2", "KW-2-3", "February", "March", "Q2", "Q3", "Q4". - The quick-filters can be used to generate several views.
* Using GreenHopper Kanban Board:- You can use a Kanban-Board to show all issues with the issuetype "Project". The columns represent the project's status.
* Structure Plugin:- The structure plugin can be used for multi project management as described here: http://blog.codecentric.de/2012/02/multiprojektmanagement-mit-jira-und-dem-structure-plugin/
* Gantt-Chart Plugins (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?q=gantt)- These plugins use dates of jira issues and versions as well es issue links to create a gantt-chart.- Unfortunately my experience with these plugins is a lack of usability.
* Confluence TeamCalendar- You can use Confluence TeamCalendar to show JIRA dates from issues and versions based on a jira filter.- i.e. you can build a jira filter for all issues of the type project to show their start and end date in TeamCalendar.- alternativly or in addition you can show the version dates of selected jira projects.
I believe Portfolio solves this ask.
Link to market place: https://www.atlassian.com/purchase/addon/com.radiantminds.roadmaps-jira
I think the issue is not the number of projects but resource management if you have shared resources.Epicflow plugin helps with that in a multi-project environment.
'Multi project management' means these to me:
Look up 'PPM' on Atlassian Marketplace.
One of the leaders is BigPicture, version 8 in particular
Fig. 1 Portfolio level
Fig. 2 Down to the team level
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.