Hi,
I have a requirement to grant wiki access to a service account. I tried to add it to Confluence-users group but getting error and not allowing me to perform this action.
What error are you getting? Are you the admin?
Hi RR,
I am getting this error.The following error(s) occurred:•Failed to modify group memberships. Check your server logs for more information.
Is the group local or being pulled through LDAP?
It's a AD account.
Directory : Active Directory Service Accounts
You have to add the user in AD and the update then the directory in Jira (or wait until it updates automatically)
This service account is already in AD.
Right, but you have to edit the membership so the user can be added to the group through AD.
I'm sure if you right-click the group in AD and check members you should be able to add it there. This is from memory but this should work.
I need to add this user to "Confluence-User " group which is not in AD, hence if I edit the member of in AD for this service account, will not get this group there in list.
Whoops, I mis-read. What does your server log say?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.