Hi,
my logfile logs/catalina.out is filled with the following message:
WARN: Establishing SSL connection without server's identity verification is not recommended. According to MySQL 5.5.45+, 5.6.26+ and 5.7.6+ requirements SSL connection must be established by default if explicit option isn't set. For compliance with existing applications not using SSL the verifyServerCertificate property is set to 'false'. You need either to explicitly disable SSL by setting useSSL=false, or set useSSL=true and provide truststore for server certificate verification.
I have tried the things below, but cannot get rid of this warning filling my logfile continuously.
In conf/server.xml I tried the following connection-strings:
*) when set up confluence-mysql-user for using plaintext-connections: (GRANT ... REQUIRE NONE)
url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/confluence?useUnicode=true;characterEncoding=utf8;useSSL=false"
url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/confluence?useSSL=false"
*) when set up confluence-mysql-user for using ssl-connections: (GRANT ... REQUIRE SSL)
url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/confluence?useUnicode=true;characterEncoding=utf8;verifyServerCertificate=false;useSSL=true;requireSSL"
and in addition I added the mysql-ca-public-key-file to the truststore jre/lib/security/cacerts;
for info, connecting in bash-commandline with the mysql-ca-public-key-file works fine:
mysql -u confluence -p --ssl-ca=/etc/mysql/certs/ca.pem
*) I tried to also use & instead of only ; in the connection-String, same results.
It seems that the useSSL in the connection-string has no effect, the warning is always logged.
I found this MySQL-Connector-Bug:
https://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=80198
but according to this using useSSL=true should not log the warning, however the warning is always logged.
My Setup:
Confluence 5.10.1
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.16, for Linux (x86_64)
mysql-connector-java-5.1.40 (also tried 5.1.39)
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Server
Thanks for help.