Hi all,
I can fork a repo using web GUI of bitbucket, it is straight forward. But, I want to do the operation in bash. Is there a way?
Thanks.
@CharlieFork is not standard Git or Command Line operation, so in simple words no you can't fork any repository using terminal.
But, once you have forked a repository, or you have cloned it in your local you can run git workflow using command line.
You can read this guide to maintain sync with upstream after fork using command line - https://www.atlassian.com/git/tutorials/git-forks-and-upstreams
@DPKJ ,
it is not true. One of the member here suggested that I can fork using command line.
The post is here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/How-can-I-fork-a-private-bitbucket-repository-like-github/qaq-p/1171071?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mentions_reply&utm_content=topic
At the end of the post, she mentioned about how to do it with command line.
@Charliewhat here suggested is REST API. If you are comfortable using that, like with curl etc. you can do that.
curl -X POST -u <USERNAME> https://api.bitbucket.org/2.0/repositories/<REPO_USER>/<REPO_NAME>/forks
This is not command line but assessing using rest interfaces.
As long as I can write a command in a bash script to carry out the operation, and yes, that is what I am after.
Since you also tend to give me to the 'curl' command, I will give the credit to you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.