We have defined a set of issue types that each has an associated workflow. There are also custom fields associated with that issue type. We want to be able to have projects use those definitions. I also want to be able to update a workflow and have it propagate out to all the projects that utilize the definition. Is there any best practice documentation or recommendations to accomplish this? I believe the schemes are the key here, but I'm struggling to figure out how the Workflow Scheme, Issue Type Scheme and Field Configuration Schemes.
When trying to move to a project, i can associate the Issue Type Scheme and it picks up the issue types. Great. But the workflows associated with each don't get picked up. in the project is associates all the new issue types with a "simplified workflow". So there doesn't seem to be a permanent link between a workflow and an issue type.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.