Hello,Â
Â
In a Conlfuence instance I try to use special emticons that are working in another instance but I get the message errorÂ
Trying this for exampleÂ
Thanks a lot
This is usually caused by having a database that does not accept the higher range of emoticons. With Atlassian tools, we see this a lot with MySQL based installations, as the default collation does not support the upper emoticons.
What database are you using and what are the collation settings for it?
Thanks a lot for the answer, I don´t know exactly what they are using as I am not managing the database just I am doing the migrations but yes I know that our test Confluence instance uses postgresql and works without problems so the source possibly is using the same and the target mysql for sure.
The "system information" page will tell you what driver Confluence has loaded to enable it to talk to the database. At present, most of the drivers I've seen people use have names that make it pretty clear what they are for - the main ones contain postgres, mssql, or mysql in them. Oracle tends to be something like ojdbc, and you might see jtds being used for MS-SQL as well.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.