Hi,
after all the updates on the way from JIRA V6.1 to JIRA V8.4 I got an error on the dashboard of the activity stream gadget "gadget.common.error.500".
Also this error I found in error.log:
2019-09-11 09:00:58,224 http-nio-8080-exec-11 ERROR jira_admin 540x632x2 1jmz0yk /plugins/servlet/gadgets/makeRequest [c.a.g.r.internal.http.HttpClientFetcher] Unable to perform a request to: https://<domain>/jira_neu/rest/webResources/1.0/resources
JIRA works behind an Apache proxy and both are configured like https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/integrating-jira-with-apache-using-ssl-938847754.html
SSL certificate is signed and imported correctly in Apache.
Whats going wrong here?
Thanks,Heiko
Hello Heiko,
Sorry to hear you are facing a problem.
Per the description of your error, it seems that you are being impacted by the problem mentioned in the article below:
Jira activity stream gadget throws gadget.common.error.500
basically, an invalid or absence of a certificate can lead to such errors. Could you please double-check if you are using the correct certificate? Also, check if the correct baseUrl is set in the System -> General Configuration.
If that's not the problem, I checked another customer facing the same problem after configuring direct SSL with self-signed certificates in JIRA 8.0.1 tomcat. As you can see in this thread, he managed to fix it by adding his self-signed ca and server certificates to tomcats JRE Keystore:
keytool -importkeystore -destkeystore cacerts -srckeystore /opt/certs/servkeystore.p12 -srcstoretype pkcs12 -alias tomcat -deststorepass changeit -srcstorepass <yourstorepass> -validity 3650keytool -importkeystore -destkeystore cacerts -srckeystore /opt/certs/keystore.p12 -srcstoretype pkcs12 -alias ca -deststorepass changeit -srcstorepass <yourstorepass> -validity 3650
Let me know if those suggestions work for you.
Hello Petter,
in point of fact, it was the missing certificate. I found it out yesterday!
But: My original problem was, that on the server is also installed Java. So the default TrustStore was located in the Java directory and not in the JRE Directory of JIRA.
In the first step I uninstalled Java, put the server certificate in the TrustStore and it works!
Thanks a lot, now we can start to mirgrate JIRA 6.1 to 8.4 ;-)
My references:https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-fix-gadget-titles-showing-as-__msg_gadget-813697086.htmlhttps://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/unable-to-connect-to-ssl-services-due-to-pkix-path-building-failed-error-779355358.htmlhttps://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/how-to-import-a-public-ssl-certificate-into-a-jvm-867025849.html
Heiko
Thank you for providing us the steps you took to solve your problem, Heiko!
Have a nice day and please don't hesitate to contact us again in case you need any help!
Thanks, it helps to me as well
Hello,
I've got the same problem in my Jira installation. My Jira instance is created using docker-compose, but temporarily without valid SSL certificates, I will have it soon. Is there any way to enter these certs by running modified docker-compose script? If so, what should I put to my script?
TIA
Andrzej
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.