We are thinking how to use Jira Cloud for two areas (maybe three) within one organization. One area has 4 teams and the other something like 15.
What are the pros and cons of having just one site, or two sites?
Thanks!
I'm not sure what you mean by "site". If you mean whether to have one or two Jira instances then rarely would i recommend having more than one. If you mean projects within a Jira instance then it depends on a number of things. I would need to understand you scenario better to be able to offer guidance.
Hi Jack, I'm trying to follow Atlassian documentation about "organizations" and "sites": https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/atlassian-organizations-964957873.html
It's clear for me that I'll need one organization only. But I'm not sure about the advantage of using one site for each department ...
Thanks for the link. Interesting and useful article I think. IMO, having a single instance (site) where all your users access one or more of the Atlassian product is the way to go. Bottom line:
Hi Jack,
I understand your points, still I'm not sure about pros and cons. This is important when I have to plan my budget and administration overhead. The scenario I have is the following one:
So, do you think it's better just one instance, yet?
Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.