Hi,
I have problems cloning repositories over HTTP. The problem only occurs for repositories with over 12 branches, or with a total of 18 branches and tags.
Running the following command:
git clone http://USERNAME:PASSWORD@bitbucket.company.org/scm/key/repo.git
The cloning works perfectly fine when there is 11 branches, or a total of 17 branches and tags. When it is above that number the cloning fails with the following error:
error: RPC failed; HTTP 500 curl 22 The requested URL returned error: 500
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
I have checked the atlassian-bitbucket.log and it does show an error related to the cloning of the repository:
The following was written to stderr:
fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly
com.atlassian.utils.process.ProcessException: Non-zero exit code: 1
at com.atlassian.bitbucket.scm.SummarizingProcessHandler.complete(SummarizingProcessHandler.java:47)
...
Bitbucket is running with loglevel DEBUG, and I couldn't find any more information in the logs.
Versions on server:
Bitbucket 5.14.0
Git 2.19.0
Versions locally:
Git 2.17.1
I have tried to set the postBuffer:
git config --global http.postBuffer 524288000
I have tried to clone with Username and Password as input, and it still fails on more than 12 branches:
git clone http://bitbucket.company.org/scm/key/repo.git
It DOES work if I use SSH, but this is not an option for my use case. Since we have one release branch per release, and the number of tags do grow over time I would expect this to be a problem for other people as well. Does anyone have any idea on why this can happen?