I am using my computer as server. I am using IT Service Desk Trial version.
I add in emails to customers list, but none of them receive anything. I want my customers to try make request.
How to invite customers and agents?
Thank you.
You shouldn't have any problem. Are you sure your machine is reacheable from the outside?
Unless there's a problem with that you only need to go to http://YOUR_SERVER_ADDRESS/projects/YOUR_PROJECT_KEY/customers and send the invites (customers in the top right corner, agents in the left panel).
Thank you for your answer.
Before I proceed, let me introduce a bit myself.
I am very new at IT Dept, a month old to be exact. My boss gave me this IT Desk Help as my 1st project, with no help. I am still lost but trying my best.
You are right, I am not reachable from outside as I am using my computer as server. Later on, we will move the server to a more appropriate server.
I have invited my customers, but they received no notification.
Next question, how to set my computer reachable from outside ? Set IP address somewhere?
For now, I am using localhost:8888
I'm no IT myself so I wouldn't adventure to tell you how to set it up proprerly but what I can tell you is that I've made tests in the past also using my PC as the server and people from my same net could access my PC with no problems. Obviously they had to use my IP instead of "localhost". If you need access from the outside of your net then you should contact your sysadmin, I guess.
Thanks again.
I guess, I need to search where the setting is ...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.