Hi all,
First of all I will give some context to my questions. I hope that i am not overthinking this though.
We currently have one Confluence server which contains a lot of content but not structured right. This instance is also a very old release of Confluence. So i decided to install a fresh copy of Confluence on a freshly installed server.
Now comes the part where i am getting a bit stuck. I want to get the freshly installed instance to be up and running and migrate the content by copy pasting and restructuring the data by hand. I was thinking of installing a developer license on the current production instance and installing the production key on the freshly installed one. The current production instance isn't used very often (because of the current mess), so i can handle the downtime. Is this the way to go? Or are there other ways to still access the production instance while running the newer version?