Greetings,
I work in a bilingual company and some projects have users commenting and working in french while I am working in English. Is there a tool or plug-in which can translate the comments of other users so that I can comprehend their input?
Hello Christopher,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Indeed, JIRA does have some apps to translate content as Translate Field Options for Jira, however, there is also big variety of browser extensions that translate texts of your browsers to your current language.
If you are using Google Chrome or Firefox, you can try the Google Translate extension in your browser.
Also, you have the Simple Translate extension for Firefox Application.
If you are using any other browser, please let me know and I can provide you with other options.
The Google Translate Tool worked perfectly for me. Thanks!!
Hi @Christopher Howe ,
I have the same challenge. How did you manage Google Translate Tool? Did your customers also have to install Google Translate on their Jira so they could translate your response?
Niamh
I was an internal client but I would assume that anybody looking to translate would have to have the translate tool installed. I found it in the Google Chrome Extension store found here
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-translate/aapbdbdomjkkjkaonfhkkikfgjllcleb?hl=en
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.