Is noreply@am.atlassian.com a legitimate Atlassian e-mail address and if so what types of communication is it used for?
Hi everyone,
Just to confirm, yes the noreply@am.atlassian.com address is a valid Atlassian email address. As others have already noted this address is primarily used by services such as Atlassian Access (previously known as Identity) in regards to
This address can also be used by other Atlassian Cloud services, such as in Confluence in regards to watcher notifications.
I hope this helps to clarify the usage here.
Andy
This email is used by atlassian website.
I got an email from them when I did forget my password and asked for reset password.
I don't know if it's use somewhere else.
Had the exact same question: I figured out that despite the email not going to my personal email address (it was sent to a global address list in the company), what Atlassian wanted was a password reset for their website - so that for example I could answer in this forum... at least I think that's what they want.
Gotta say, the email was incredibly vague, and confusing for those who work for organisations that use LDAP authentication methods... I could not understand initially why Atlassian would want me to change my 'password' Since I don't frequent their website on a regular basis, it was a totally weird way to communicate a reset.
In any case, to be certain, I did NOT select the reset password button in their email.
I received an email from e.atlassian.com recently, and i wasn't sure on it's authenticity, is there anywhere I can validate it as being genuinely from Atlassian without clicking on the links in the email?
Without seeing the content of your email, I'm hesitant to confirm it's authenticity. However I can confirm that e.atlassian.com and t.atlassian.com are used to send emails. From some internal research on the topic it appears that this is specifically something that marketing teams have designated for use.
Dear @Andy Heinzer ,
Yesterday we received an email from info@e.atlassian.com which seems "reliable":
Subject: Security advisory for critical vulnerability in Confluence Server and Confluence Data CenterBody:Hello,We are writing to inform you of a critical security vulnerability that exists in Confluence Server and Confluence Data Center.We recommend that you upgrade to a fixed version as soon as possible to ensure that you are not affected. If you are unable to upgrade Confluence immediately, then apply the temporary workaround as mentioned in the advisory. Please see the full advisory to learn more and access the fixed versions.Kind Regards,The Atlassian team
Subject: Security advisory for critical vulnerability in Confluence Server and Confluence Data Center
Body:
Hello,We are writing to inform you of a critical security vulnerability that exists in Confluence Server and Confluence Data Center.We recommend that you upgrade to a fixed version as soon as possible to ensure that you are not affected. If you are unable to upgrade Confluence immediately, then apply the temporary workaround as mentioned in the advisory. Please see the full advisory to learn more and access the fixed versions.
Kind Regards,The Atlassian team
It contains also a blue button 'See full advisory' but I cannot read the url it targets, because of obfuscation made automatically by my Outlook software.
So, is it a trustable email?
@Nicolas Casel Yes that email is from Atlassian. There was a security advisory for Confluence Server/Data Center that was issued just yesterday. You can read more about it over in https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-security-advisory-2021-08-25-1077906215.html
Dear
I received a strange email from adres no_reply@am.atlassian.comCan you confirm this is a valid email adres ?
Regards
Jan
I mean, it's a valid address from which Atlassian sends mail. But it's a no_reply, so it's not expected that you would be able to send to that address.
And that is not to say that someone might have spoofed the sender, or that someone is abusing one of our Cloud services that sends email.
Care to share what the email you received was? I would be interested to learn more here, @Jan Neger
Some time we get email from the following email. It is legitimate?noreply+b76e48badc7c62f88c12e3baa9f96e69c09fffaf935704c4d42bdd52@am.atlassian.com
This information is insufficient for us to determine. It's likely that mail that actually comes from that am.atlassian.com address did come from an Atlassian service, but it is possible that someone has created a site to send spam with our services.
What would help us to investigate this would be to know the exact email address this message was sent to OR the Atlassian Mail Transaction ID that could be found in the email headers OR if we could see other details of the message that would indicate to us which Atlassian Cloud site sent the message.
If you question the legitimacy of any message from an Atlassian site, I recommend forwarding that message to https://www.atlassian.com/trust/report-abuse. We cannot reply to messages sent there, but these are reviewed by our abuse team to determine if a site is violating our acceptable use policy.
I received today the following mail:
The strange part:
- the mail address mentioned after "Hi" is an old address of mine which is NOT registered at atlassian (it was in the past, but was changed 1 or 2 years ago)
- I never received such mails in the past as I'm not responsible for invoices in my company
- the spf check was successful as the sending mailserver "sparkpostmail.com" is allowed by atlassian:
```
Hi @Gutt Marc,
The email address you received this message at, and posted here to community is still the billing contact for an Atlassian Cloud site. That is why you are receiving this invoice message.
If you'd like to change this, please go to https://my.atlassian.com when logged into this account. You will see that your account is listed as the billing contact for that site. You would need to add a new billing contact if you want to remove this account from that site entirely. Also you would need to make this new account the primary billing contact.
From there you can then login as this other account, and from there you can remove the old account from the billing contacts of that site.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.