I installed JIRA with linux installler...hence it's using inbuilt JAVA..but now I am plannig to update to JIRA 6.0 which doesn't support jdk1.6. I have updated PATH and JAVA_HOME for new Jdk 1.7u21 but it doesn't pick newly installed JAVA on JIRA restart..I checked https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installing+Java and could find no further documentation on this..Please suggest!!
Thanks:)
Clearing the Cache did work for me...thanks guys!! update not required JIRA5.2.7 can run on JAVA 1.7_21
Thanks
hi bhupesh.
can you please tell me what path is set in /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/permgem.sh
i.e. mine looks like this
#JAVA_HOME="/opt/atlassian/jira/jre/"; export JAVA_HOMEJAVA_HOME="/usr/java/latest"; export JAVA_HOME
just comment out the default..and put in your own.
restart jira after you've done the change and this should be it
Thanks for reply...You are right I missed that entry but after pointing to my newly installed JAVA_HOME
I got "JIRA startup failed, JIRA has been locked." error after restart
"The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started: RPC JIRA Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.ext.rpc), Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Project Config Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-project-config-plugin), Atlassian OAuth Admin Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.admin), Embedded Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded), Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard), Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Look And Feel Logo Upload Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.lookandfeel), Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - OAuth Consumer SPI (com.atlassian.jira.oauth.consumer), Atlassian REST - Module Types (com.atlassian.plugins.rest.atlassian-rest-module), Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - OAuth Service Provider SPI (com.atlassian.jira.oauth.serviceprovider), Gadget Spec Publisher Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.publisher), Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - REST Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.rest), Atlassian OAuth Service Provider Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.serviceprovider), Atlassian OAuth Consumer Plugin (com.atlassian.oauth.consumer), Opensocial Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.opensocial), Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory), Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets), Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Quick Edit Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.jira-quick-edit-plugin)"
For anyone of the plugins it says:
(package=com.atlassian.jira.rest.api.http) [caused by: Unable to resolve 68.0: missing requirement [68.0] package; (package=com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.expand) [caused by: Unable to resolve 83.0: missing requirement [83.0] package; (&(package=javax.activation)(version>=0.0.0.1_006_JavaSE)(version<=0.0.0.1_006_JavaSE))]]]
Please Suggest!!
For one out of many plugins with similar error it says:
vim /instaldir/bin/permgen.sh
JAVA_HOME="/opt/idam/jdk1.7.0_21/"; export JAVA_HOME
I thought script was adding /bin..anyway I did it...Still the same error
JAVA_HOME="/opt/idam/jdk1.7.0_21/jre"; export JAVA_HOME
Try clearing plugin caches. Clear the content of .bundled-plugins and .osgi-plugins folder found in <jira-home>/plugins/
Hi..
I am still struggling, is there anyone who could help??
hey bhupesh.
whats the current state? tell me what you did so far etc.
I have installed JAVA with jdk1.7.0_21on my JIRA server and trying to point JIRA5.2.7 to this JAVA
permgen.sh has
#JAVA_HOME="/opt/atlassian/jira/jre/"; export JAVA_HOME
JAVA_HOME="/opt/idam/jdk1.7.0_21/jre/"; export JAVA_HOME
When I restart the JIRA(/bin/shutdown.sh and bin/startup.sh) to point to New JAVA JIRA gets locked with the messages posted above....
JAVA is shown correctly in prompt:
ok i was wondering if jira 5.x supports java7...looks like it does.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+5.2+unable+to+be+used+after+upgrading+Java+to+1.7
but i also found this one:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-31670
do you really need jira to run with a JDK?
you may consider updating JIRA to 5.2.8 ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.