Hello,
I am having a hard time backing up Confluence & Postgres.
I am using docker-compose to startup a PostgresDB and afterwards Confluence.
This is from the docker-compose-file:
db_confluence:
image: postgres:9.6.15-alpine
container_name: db_confluence
volumes:
- confluence_db_volume:/var/lib/postgresql/data
environment:
- POSTGRES_PASSWORD:${PW_CONFLUENCE}
restart: unless-stopped
confluence:
image: atlassian/confluence-server:latest
container_name: confluence
volumes:
#- confluence_config:/opt/atlassian/confluence/conf
- confluence_home_data:/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence
depends_on:
- db_confluence
ports:
- 8090:8090
restart: unless-stopped
volumes:
confluence_db_volume:
external: false
confluence_home_data:
external: false
#confluence_config:
#external: false
The original idea:
- Start up the containers with docker-compose up -d
- Initialize Confluence (enter License, connect to Postgres, create a user, create a dummy page)
- Stop the containers (Confluence & Postgres)
- Backup the Docker-Volumes (with the help of https://github.com/loomchild/volume-backup)
- Remove the stopped Containers
- Remove the dangling Volumes
- Restore the Docker-Volumes (with the help of https://github.com/loomchild/volume-backup)
- Recreate the containers with docker-compose up -d
-> NOT working at all :-(
Then I thought maybe I need to backup "/opt/atlassian/confluence/conf" from the Confluence-container in a Docker-Volume as well -> Not working, again. Server doesn't even startup anymore (restarting (1)).
The last thing i tried desperatly:
After removing the volumes from the docker-compose-file and setting up Confluence I stopped the containers to back them up completely
docker commit -p confluence confluence_backup
After spinning them up again, Confluence wasn't initialized and I had to start again.
Anyone experienced the same and can help me to properly backup & restore a running Confluence instance with Postgres?