I have a vanilla install of Confluence 6.5 on a RHEL 7 server. The install completes normally. I am installing into a non-standard directory (/apps/atlassian). The only obvious error is in atlassian-confluence.log and is:
2019-09-04 09:09:10,880 FATAL [localhost-startStop-3] [atlassian.spring.container.SpringContainerContext] getComponent Spring Application context has not been set
The file line of atlassian-confluence.log is:
2019-09-04 09:09:21,638 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] init Confluence is ready to serve
I found the webpage about that error and tried the relevant fixes without any success. Note - all of the permissions were correct.
Problem Symptoms:
When trying to reach the installation webpage http://a.b.c.d:8090 it redirects to http://a.b.c.d:8090/bootstrap/selectsetupstep.action
The problem is that the web browser says ERR_CONNECTION_RESET and will not load the bootstrap page.
I'm trying to install 6.5 as I'm trying to prepare for a move of an existing Windows Confluence server and will upgrade to the current version after the application is moved. The way the servers at my org come provisioned applications must be installed under /apps.
Any help in fixing this will be greatly appreciated.