When setting up an email via SMTP to send emails from Jira, authentication is not working.
A little background on my Gmail setup
- Using Gsuite account (user, not admin)
- Two-factor authentication is turned on
- "Less secure apps" are allowed
- Application-specific password setup for Jira
When logging in with my regular account password, I get the following error:
Unfortunately no connection was possible. Review the errors below and rectify:
When logging in with my application-specific password, I get the following error:
Unfortunately no connection was possible. Review the errors below and rectify:
When logging in with an incorrect password:
Unfortunately no connection was possible. Review the errors below and rectify:
When I change my Gmail account setup to deactive 2-factor authentication, I get the following error (logging in with regular account password):
Unfortunately no connection was possible. Review the errors below and rectify:
Any thoughts on other things to try, either on the Gmail side or the Jira side? FWIW, I have the same issues in Confluence.