We are currently having issues accessing the REST API.
I have been able to successfully access the REST API using the following method
curl -D- -X GET --user email:api_token -H "Content-Type: application/json" "https://id.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/abcxyz-24"
However when I try the following method:
JIRA_BASIC_AUTH=$(echo email:api_token | base64)
curl -D- -X GET -H "Authorization: Basic $JIRA_BASIC_AUTH" -H "Content-Type: application/json" "https://id.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/abcxyz-24"
I get 401 unauthorized. We have tried giving the user site admin, tried the email in upper and lower case, removing the padding from the base64, trying to use the user_id and replacing the api_token with the password. It is always a 401 though.
We do have another account that can successfully use the method below, but we can not determine what is different with these accounts:
JIRA_BASIC_AUTH=$(echo email:password | base64)
The fact that the first method works leads me to believe we are not correctly passing the token / using the basic auth correctly but it all seems pretty straight forward.
Are there any other troubleshooting steps I can take.