I just configured name-based virtual hosting in my apache server with a virtual host to our jira application, and I am getting two warning messages despite a seemingly functional configuration:
On the system dashboard (login page):
Jira is reporting that it is running on the hostname '12.34.56.78', which does not match the hostname used to run these diagnostics, 'jira.mycompany.com'.
Once inside the application:
The Tomcat server.xml has an incorrect configuration:
scheme should be 'http'
proxyName should be 'jira.mycompany.com'
proxyPort should be '80'
But I followed the instructions on this page [https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/proxying-atlassian-server-applications-with-apache-http-server-mod_proxy_http-806032611.html] rather thoroughly and the server.xml has the correct parameters...
Here are the relevant entries:
server.xml
<Connector port="8080" relaxedPathChars="[]|" relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^\`"<>"
maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true" bindOnInit="false" scheme="http"
proxyName="jira.mycompany.com" proxyPort="80"/>
httpd.conf (apache)
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName jira.mycompany.com
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyVia Off
<Proxy *>
Require all granted
</Proxy>
ProxyPass / http://12.34.56.78:8080/
ProxyPassReverse / http://12.34.56.78:8080/
</VirtualHost>
Any idea why I might be getting these warnings?
Thanks!