Hi community,
I ask for help as I am really confused: upgrading my JIRA from 6.2.7 to 7.11.2 core (exactly 6.2.7 -> 7.0.11 -> 7.11.2) ,I stumbled over a strange behaviour in one of my workflows.
After puzzling around a while I discovered, that obviously a condition failed (I am very convinced that it worked back in 6.2.7 ... but I can't swear). The reason seems to be, that getCustomFieldObjectByName("VoD AL/AW Art") of CustomFieldManager returns null. But: getCustomFieldObjectByName("AL/AW Art") returns the field.
That's strange, as if I look at the custom field, it has the name "VoD AL/AW Art". In jql queries, the field is listed as "VoD AL/AW Art" (and it works as "VoD AL/AW Art", but not as "AL/AW Art").
The only place, where I can find it called "AL/AW Art" is the german translation of the custom field name ... oh, yes, and if I request the field info via REST (/rest/api/2/field) the field is listed as { "name": "AL/AW Art" ... "clauseNames":[ "customfield_15205", "VoD AL/AW Art" ] ...} ... ?
Is it possible, that - long long ago - the field was created as "AL/AW Art" and was later renamed to "VoD AL/AW Art" (providing the original field name as translation for mostly german users)?
But then - why did it work prior to the migration (remember: at least I am convinced it was so)
Maybe one of you out there can shed a light on it?
Thank You,
Alex