When performing a wget to download Jira or Confluence Server recently I've been getting a 426 Upgrade Required error response. There's not much in the response that tells me how to modify the request, so I'm not sure how to download directly to a server anymore. (Downloading through the browser still works fine.)
e.g.
wget https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/downloads/binary/atlassian-confluence-6.13.8.tar.gz
Does anybody know how to modify the command to allow it to work or at least can explain the limitation? Does everyone get this response?
Hi @MikeyS
Try with -O parameter and optionaly --no-check-certificate
wget --no-check-certificate -O atlassian-confluence-6.13.8.tar.gz https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/downloads/binary/atlassian-confluence-6.13.8.tar.gz
I'm having the same issue MikeyS - did you have any luck resolving this?
Nope, not yet.
Same error for me today. I've downloaded on a Windows machine via the website and copied over to my Linux server as a workaround!
having the same issue too at the moment.
I suspect it's related to TLS versions. I can only connect with TLS1.2 and so perhaps the version of wget you/I'm using doesn't support it.
Anyway, I tried with curl and that downloaded fine e.g.
curl -L -O https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/downloads/binary/atlassian-jira-software-8.4.1-x64.bin
Great!
Work fine! Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.