Happy Friday y'all! I can hardly believe it is the last Friday in August - summer where on Earth have you gone!?
I was reflecting earlier this week on my beautiful but short summer, and the time I spent relaxing on the beautiful Prince Edward Island beaches. I noticed that even when I am on vacation, I seem to still be nerding out on Productivity, always looking for that next tip or trick that will help me get things done more efficiently and effectively.
Chris Bailey was a keynote at a conference my husband attended and he brought home one of his books. This summer I read "The Productivity Project" one and then picked up his second book at the library "Hyper Focus" and later moved to his "Becoming Better" podcast.


My mind is full of tons of tools and techniques that I want to try out and put into practice. One tip I tried this summer (when I wasn't on vacation) was a tool the author recommended called Focusmate. What a gamechanger that was for me, I completed 50 sessions this summer, one or two a day adds up quickly. Think pomodoro technique but even better.
You are matched up with an accountability partner somewhere across the globe for virtual co-working, at the start of the session you tell your partner what you are going to be working on for the 50 minute session, and they do the same. Then you get to work. At the end of the 50 minutes you report back in a few words what you got accomplished. All you need is a computer with a camera and microphone and an internet connection. Focusmate enabled me to get laser focused and helped me tackle some really tough tasks, as well as some items I had been procrastinating on. Highly recommend trying it and the best part is, it's free
My Master List Trello board has never been so clean!
So what's your go-to productivity tip or trick that you swear by, or a new productivity discovery (eg. like Focusmate that I mentioned above)?
or
If productivity is not something you consider "fun" like I do, what was a vacation or beach read that you highly recommend? Not into books? Share an article or magazine. Something for everyone 
~~~~~~~~~
PS. If this post is not fun enough for you, pop over to my "Fun with Personality Types and Preferences" - double the fun in honour of the last Friday in August.