Followed these instructions https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Setting+Up+a+MySQL+Database+on+Linux+for+JIRA including the troubleshooting at bottom of page.
I tested the connection on the jira db setup form - was OK. Finished the setup and got a stackdump and this error:
com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.PropertyImplementationException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, ENTITY_NAME, ENTITY_ID, PROPERTY_KEY, propertytype FROM propertyentry WHERE ENTITY_NAME=? AND ENTITY_ID=? (SELECT command denied to user 'jirauser'@'srdevwebd2.srphc.local' for table 'propertyentry')
Now when I browse jira at http://srdevwebd2.srphc.local:8080/ I get that error and the url shows:
http://srdevwebd2.srphc.local:8080/JiraLockedError
On the server I cannot run this command:
pauld@srdevwebd2:~$ mysql -p -u jiradbuser -h 127.0.0.1 jiradb
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'jiradbuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Although this works:
pauld@srdevwebd2:~$ mysql \--user=jirauser \--password=mypassword \--database=jiradb
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 152
Server version: 5.1.66-0+squeeze1 (Debian)
Copyright (c) 2000, 2012, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.
Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.