I have a set of check boxes. If "Other" checked, I would like people to fill out some text box or Comment.
Hi Darya,
I guess you will try to enforce that during a transition on a transition screen? That necessitates the use of a validator checking the selected value of that custom field. Unfortunately, that is not possible by default and requires a third-party app from the Atlassian Marketplace. There a quite a few workflow apps available which will help you to achieve that. Do you already have one in use in your instance? And which platform are you on? Cloud or Server/Data Center?
Best, Max
Hi Darya
You might be interested to know that the plugin ProForma is able to achieve this. We have dynamic forms sections which only appear if certain previous options are checked.
We also recently implemented Regex pattern matching for our Question fields. This allows for extremely powerful validation options.
You can read more on our blog
If you would like to evaluate ProForma for free, you can install ProForma Lite
Hi Max,
Yes, I'm trying to do on transition screen. I have Add-on JSU Automation Suite for Jira Workflows. JSU unfortunately doesn't have the validator I need. We use Server version.
Thank you Lachlan. I'll definitely review ProForma.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.