My program heavily uses Jira as a data source within our Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) environment. We use No Magic's MagicDraw application to import data via csv to support modeling across the entire program enterprise. One of the key aspects of MBSE is defining relationships between the thousands of model SysML elements that represents every aspect of a program from end to end in a highly dynamic environment.
I came across an issue with a new Jira project I need to integrate into our MBSE environment. Each JIra issue has numerous links to other issues that represent the associated relationship between these issues. I query Jira to return the 5000+ issues in a list view. The link includes the "Links" column with lists each of the issues by Jira Key which is a hyper link. When I export this list and open it in Microsoft Excel the links for each issue are listed in a single cell separated by comma with no information indicating type type of relationship (input, output, part of, parent, child, etc.).
The first obstacle, is there a way to identify the type of relationship for the link (this will help in identifying the type of SysML associated to be created within the MBSE project)
Second, is there a way to list the data as a separate line for each unique Jira Issue and each link (to the link Jira issue).