My intention is to link to certain Project Reports that I commonly use.
I don't like having to recreate the reports with parameters (Project or Filter) every time I view the report.
Try the "text" gadget - you can put html into that, with your links.
I seem to remember it's disabled in the default install, you need to go into admin -> plugins to enable it.
We use the text-gadget to provide different ind of link-lists, overview boxes, mini-portals,...
So just try the option suggested by Nic.
BR, Markus
Paul, I had one of our users ask me about such a gadget this morning as well, and I agree it would be a useful tool. I don't like enabling the text gadget for everyone because of the security risks, and many of our users wouldn't know how to format a list of links anyway – even using the toolbar. So, I made an official request to Atlassian for a custom links gadget: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-41424. Please vote on this issue if you would like to see an official gadget as well. Thanks.
Would add that you'll want to set up your links with the target=blank, otherwise the page will load within the gadget itself. This will allow the page to open in a new tab
<a href="https://www.google.com/" target="_blank">google.com</a>
This works great! Thank you Collin!
where is the text gadget?
I'm not an admin, how do I use the "Text" gadget? It doesn't not appear in my list of Jira Gadgets
I'm an admin and can't find where to enable the text gadget.
For Jira cloud, vote for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-21965
There is an "Rich text" app that adds a similar gadget: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214632/rich-text-gadget-for-jira
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.