I just got the security bulletin that says I should upgrade to Docker 6.15.8. I was using 6.15.6 and everything was running smoothly.
I changed my Docker compose file to use the 6.15.8 image and got this error:
BootstrapException: Unable to bootstrap application: failed to find config at: /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/confluence.cfg.xml
I have a volume that is bound to /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence, so it should reuse the existing file. And indeed, the file exists.
Changing the docker compose file back to using the 6.15.6 shows that the file is indeed still there and correct. Confluence starts up without issues.
It seems to be a permission error. Executing docker exec docker_confluence_1 ls -liash /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence shows that all files are owned by daemon.
For testing purposes I executed docker exec docker_confluence_1 chmod 777 /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/confluence.cfg.xml and restarted the container. Checking the owner again, I notice that it is now owned by confluence.
So, I execute
docker exec docker_confluence_1 chown -R confluence /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/
docker exec docker_confluence_1 chgrp -R confluence /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/
and restart the container.
This seems to fix it.
My question is: Is my fix correct?
And: Did you guys really introduce a breaking change in a PATCH release and didn't even document it? :-(