Hello -
I am attempting to start a project in Jira that involves a pool of money, represented by a number field called "Amount Available." The idea is that when tickets get created there is another number field labeled "Amount Spent" that gets populated in the workflow.
I'm wondering if it's possible to do 2 things. In my Amount Available field I want to have a number that I initially enter. When tickets get created, and when Amount Spent fields get populated, the Amount Spent numbers subtract from the number that I have entered in the Amount Available field. Ideally the Amount Available field would be present on the Dashboard.
I have never attempted to make such configurations in Jira, and am not sure if this concept is popular. I do have the Adaptavist Scriptrunner plugin, so I was thinking that maybe some kind of Script Field could achieve this.
Any advice anyone may have would be much appreciated. Thanks.