I have a problem which is easier to explain if I run through the steps to replicate. It's worth noting that all of our team have Confluence user accounts but only some have Jira user accounts. It's also worth noting that we don't share user accounts between Confluence and Jira, they are separate.
User A has a Confluence user account but no account for Jira. They are able to view a Jira macro in Confluence listing a number of Jira issues as the project the issues are in grants "Anyone" the permission to "Browse Projects".
At the bottom of this macro, underneath the list of issues there is a message offering to authenticate the user with Jira. All of this is expected and ok for what I need (although it would be nice to dismiss the authenticate option).
If I give User A a Jira account they can use the authenticate option on the Jira macro in Confluence. Once authenticated the list of issues is still the same but the authenticate message is gone. This is also expected.
If I now disable User A's Jira account, the Jira macro in Confluence does not list any issues and instead says something along the lines of they are not authorised to view these issues. This is not expected, I would expect the behaviour to go back to when they didn't have a Jira account at all.
If I fully delete User A's Jira account the Jira macro still doesn't list any issues and the message changes to "Jira server returned an error".
Presumably this is due to an authentication link existing for a disabled/deleted account. Is there any way I can delete this link for this user?