Hey there!
I am pretty a beginner in coding Confluence User Macros but have some experience in object oriented languages, such as VB and VBA. I never coded HTML, Java or CSS.
1.
Can I include other classes into my code, so I can use more functions, methods and properties. However I cannot find a tutorial to do this in a Confluence User Macro. For example I would like to show the mail address, personal information or phone number of a user.
I found this page that says I can use $config, $rederContext, $space and $content to access to these four classes, and I can use a bunch of other classes as described here . But nothing could yet help me out to display the user information.
(Maybe you can give me a link to a tutorial how to properly use this page. That would be really nice. It's frustrating to find functions I can use in the editor.)
2.
Is it possible to define the data type of an object? Such as Key or User or ProfilePictureInfo etc.?
3.
Can you recommend an IDE to write User Macros or Plugins in Confluence or Jira? I just installed Visual Studio and Eclipse but the Atlassian IDE Connector does'nt seem to be compatible with the actual versions. (I really miss the auto complete function.. :-) )
Thank you in advance!
Manuel