git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks fetch origin
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks pull origin masterFrom https://bitbucket.astrazeneca.net/scm/bi/io-f1-model* branch master -> FETCH_HEAD
fatal: refusing to merge unrelated historiesCompleted with errors, see above.
Hi @karson tse
Welcome to Atlassian Community.
By default, git merge command refuses to merge histories that do not share a common ancestor. You can override this by using the --force option, this bypasses the checks and may cause the remote repo to loose commits, so be careful when using it.
Hi Mikael,
Thank you for the response. I am very new to sourcetree/ git, I was wondering where do I find the force option when pulling?
Pull does not have a force option, only push. For pull you can use the option --allow-unrelated-histories, that will also disable the merge check similar to the --force on push.
Have you made any changes in your local repository? If so, have you pushed those changes up to Bitbucket? If you have not pushed/made any changes, what you could try is to do a rebase instead. there is a checkbox for it when you click on pull.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.