I'm looking for a gadget or plugin that would allow my team to
- select a section of text or region on a page,
- prompt with a list of Jira tickets for which they are the assignee or participant,
- allow them to select a ticket, then
- append the text to that ticket as a comment.
Ideally it should keep the formatting of the original content.
I've done similar things with MacOS by creating a custom service. For example, feed a selection of text into Google translate for a specific language. I also use Evernote's web clipper to clip portions of web pages, windows, etc. into an Evernote note.
I think that this would improve my team's velocity and my organization's IP retention tremendously.
One big source of information is emails. Another is web pages.
I'd prefer to stay away from browser plugins; I don't want to engage in the browser wars. Everyone has their favorite. And I'd be fine with a tool that is MacOS specific.