I'm not a developer, so I'm going to start with that and we are on Jira Cloud
We are on Jira Cloud. We have some custom fields that we want to populate with data from our Oracle ERP system. I'm thinking we would need to do this via REST API.
1. Can the REST API populate a select list custom field with values from our ERP system? I understand we'd have to write a program to do that, but want to make sure that the REST API can actually populate a select list.
2. If #1 is possible, what's the recommendation on the number of values to put in a select list? Ex. What is I wanted a custom field called "Sales Order" and have it validate against an actual sales order in our Oracle Order Management system. We have 1000's of orders, so I don't think having a select list field in Jira with 1000's of entires is a good idea. What's the best way to handle this?
3. Maybe I'm not even asking the right question. I assume we'd have to use Jira's REST API. Is there a better way to integrate our JIra system with say Oracle EBS?