I am using JIRA REST service to return all issues based on a JQL, which works fine. However I am also using expand=renderedFields to retrieve a particular customfield_xxxx in HTML format however it is not converting into HTML format.
The REST CALL format:
https://domain.com/jira/rest/api/3/search?jql=project=[projectId]&expand=renderedFields
Any description field in my renderedFields always comes out in HTML format however not my customfield_xxx, even if I use the same exact editing.
Output I'm receiving:
"renderedFields": {
"customfield_xxxx": "Some text *bold word*",
"description": "<p>Some text <b>bold word</b></p>"
}
On top of everything, what makes it more weird is if in my REST CALL format I add maxResults=11 (or less) then it works fine. Therefore requiring me to loop and modify startAt variables to avoid the issue I'm currently facing.
Modified REST CALL format:
https://domain.com/jira/rest/api/3/search?jql=project=[projectId]&expand=renderedFields&maxResults=11
Modified Output:
"renderedFields": {
"customfield_xxxx": "<p>Some text <b>bold word</b></p>",
"description": "<p>Some text <b>bold word</b></p>"
}
Most issues with my JQL I am retrieving minimally retrieves at least 20+ issues, so if there is any way to retrieve my customfields_xxxx HTML format without having to manipulate and loop through the API results, I would greatly appreciate. Also an understand of why this occurs helps as well.