Dear all
Regarding the document "Migrating Confluence between Servers" https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF34/Migrating+Confluence+Between+ServersI would like to ask about the details to move Comfluence to another server. This document describes how to zip the installation and home directories from the origin and to unzip them on the destination server. But there is no description on how to install Confluence on the destination server. Does the destination server need a new installation of Confluence before the directories are moved or afterwards or what is this intended to be done? The document just says in step 14 "to start Confluence" but from what, as it has just described how to move the directories but nothing else.
When I follow the document, I am not able to move Confluence to another machine.
Kind Regards
Bernard
Hi Simon,
And what exact you need?
Only create compression on confluence-app and confluence-data (with permissions!!!). If you using Unix, add to tar p parameter for keeping permissions. More info on net
When you copy it and uncompressed then are keeped permissions, you dont need to install all. Maybe only watch about env settings (starting service after start of server etc).
Or another option is that you will install trial of confluence (new install) and then you repaste it of you original confluence. Datas about licence and all are in DB and in XMLs files.
If you are running HTTPS and on Unix, dont forget to create keystore and change keystore password in XML
And finally if you changing DNS, rewrite it in config files and mainly in administrations (Base URL).
I think then it will work!
You are creating only duplicate, so then you will have backup on original server
We are using Confluence on Windows.
So we just need to copy and unzip the Confluence directories and then we can use Confluence on the new server, without installing it with the setup.exe?
Well, I will try this, also I will edit the config files which are described in that article.
On windows it should work. There is no permissions limits and only set Tomcat, but if there was the same strcuture...it should work.
You can try it, because production version is original and you creating only duplicate.
Now I did this as described. I copied the Confluence folders from the origin (Windows 32bit) machine, first to a testing environment, on Windows 64bit. This means, the Confluence directories are to be moved from the "program files" folder to the "program files (x86)" folder. So I changed this location in the confluence-init.properties and in the setenv.bat. Then I started Confluence with the start-confluence.bat and when I connect to Confluence I receive HTTP 404 "The requested resource () is not available" from the Apache/Tomcat web server. So far the web server as such seems to work, but the content cannot get accessed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.