Hello ,
i want to assign issues to role project or groupe in jira core atfer executing a transition.
thank you.
Issues can only be assigned to individual users
so there will be no other solutions ?
I'm not aware of any plugin that allows that. The best you can do is create a dummy user, that can't logon, with an email pointed to a distribution list. Then when you assign the issue to that user everyone on the distribution list will get an emaile.
However, From personal experience and from others in the forum, issued not assigned to a real user don't get worked. They don't appear in the 'assigned to me filter'
And there's also an argument (and this is one of the reasons I hear Jira was written, because multiple assignees does not work in real life) that when you have more than one person assigned, you get into "I thought someone else was doing it".
I've yet to see any place that has multiple assignees that has not had that argument, or work that "slips down the cracks" (usually both)
I usually recommend recognising that the assignee should be the one person currently responsible for the issue, then add a group picker, or multi-user picker for "other people to talk to"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.