Hello All,
I know that we can create Event that we trig on state changes in workflows.
Can we do the same kind of thing, but not at state transition, but rather when a user field is filled.
For example, we have a custom user field "Validation owner". We would like that this owner is notified when this field is set and/or updated.
I tried with the below steps:
1.Under Actions click on Edit Notifications
2.Add a new notification at "Issue Updated" event
3.Select "User custom field value" and choose the name of your user picker field from the list.
Apparently, it sends a mail to the validation owner whatever the update which is performed on the issue,
whereas I would like it sends a mail to the validation owner only when the issue is set to him thru the Validation owner field, like we have Assignee receiving notification when the issue is assigned to him.
Is this possible?
Thanks in advance,
Manikanta