Hello,
When I click on an email link in Confluence, Outlook opens as normal but so does a new Chrome tab with the link in the address bar. We utilize email addresses in our knowledge base so we will click email links all day. Everything still works but closing out the tabs gets old.
I checked the link and the address is displayed correctly. mailto:me@mywork.com
Confluence Version: 6.15.2
Chrome Version: 76.0.3809.100
When the issue started? Sometime during the last few days
What have I tried?
- A different space and a different email address
- Turned Off "Open External link in a new tab"
- Ensured that my Windows Mail App default was set to Outlook
- Turned off "allow sites to ask to become default handlers for protocols in Chrome"
- Test link on Internet Explorer and the issue does not happen
- Tested mailto: link in SharePoint in Chrome and the issue does not happen
- Tested mailto: link in JIRA in Chrome and the issue does not happen
It appears to only be Confluence in Chrome having this issues.
Any advice or test you could recommend?