We are evaluating jumping to a self hosted v8 from a self hosted v6. We have been using v6 since 2013 and have many projects managed by a variety of people. Having done the upgade through 7 to 8 everything is work OK. We've enabled the apps we were using - tempo and timetracker - but can't seem to get into the agile boards. The menu item has gone.
I've added all the permissions under the sun to my user including "Manage Sprints". I think I've somehow got to make me a "manage sprints" user for all projects....but that is going to take me forever, and then I've got to do it for the other managers. I think I've got to do this because my old board query is too loose....but I can't get at the sprint query without a board.
I've spent about 2 hours trying to work out how to enable this - following the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/using-manage-sprints-permission-for-advanced-cases-938847165.html - but get stuck at the "you'll need to manually set users to have this permission for all projects".
Is there any way we can apply the user/role to all projects using any magic? Is there any way I can edit the board query with magic? I'm quite happy diving into the config files or the database if needed.
Ta