I am trying to upgrade confluence to the latest version but I can't get it to work. I had the same problem with the latest version 4.x version
The problem is that I have confluence installed in /home/opensource/confluence, following is the output from running the command on a Ubuntu machine.
Strange thing is that it ask if it is clean or upgrade and offers number 3 as default (which does not exist).
When I pick the existing folder it tells me it can't install it there because it already exists.
Any suggestions?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bash ./atlassian-confluence-5.0.3-x64.bin
Unpacking JRE ...
Starting Installer ...
This will install Confluence 5.0.3 on your computer.
OK [o, Enter], Cancel [c]
Choose the appropriate installation or upgrade option.
Please choose one of the following:
Express Install (uses default settings) [1], Custom Install (recommended for advanced users) [2, Enter], Upgrade an existing Confluence installation [3]
Where should Confluence 5.0.3 be installed?
[/opt/atlassian/confluence]
/home/opensource/confluence
It appears that Confluence is already installed in the directory you selected. Please choose a different directory.
Where should Confluence 5.0.3 be installed?
[/home/opensource/confluence]
^Croot@rizzo:/home/opensource# bash ./atlassian-confluence-5.0.3-x64.bin
Unpacking JRE ...
Starting Installer ...
This will install Confluence 5.0.3 on your computer.
OK [o, Enter], Cancel [c]
Choose the appropriate installation or upgrade option.
Please choose one of the following:
Express Install (uses default settings) [1], Custom Install (recommended for advanced users) [2, Enter], Upgrade an existing Confluence installation [3]
2
Where should Confluence 5.0.3 be installed?
[/opt/atlassian/confluence]
/home/opensource/confluence
It appears that Confluence is already installed in the directory you selected. Please choose a different directory.
Where should Confluence 5.0.3 be installed?
[/home/opensource/confluence]