How can I restrict JIRA attachments to XML, JPEG, PNG, Microsoft Office document types?
Hi David,
We have a improvement request for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-13684
Cheers,
Lucas Lima
Hi David.
Not sure if you are still looking but I've developed a plugin called Document Vault (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.redmoon.jira.documentvault) which is a replacement for JIRA attachments. It gives you the ability to have a blacklist and whitelist of file extensions that can be attached to an Issue, including the use of regular expressions. Any current JIRA attachments can be hidden or included inside the Document Vault panel. You can also restrict access to attachments. I am also open to suggestions for other features.
Thanks
Paul
You can also check out the Attachment Checker for JIRA plugin to see whether it suits your needs.
The fact that the only solutions to this are additional cost add ons says a LOT about Atlassian's view of its customers.
This is really insulting.
Was this improvement request killed?
we need a file type restriction. people with digital sig always get their .p7s attached to tickets.
Unfortunately this only provides attachment restriction on a per-project basis. I suspect the OP wants to be able to ban certain file types from Jira altogether (as I do).
Worse is people who attach emails to their issues in some format that is not cross-operating system compatible (e.g. Outlook emails unreadable on Ubuntu).
Attachment Checker for JIRA bans certain file types from Jira altogether
There's a saying in IT that you sometimes have to "eat your own dog food" in order to gain true empathy with your customers.
To that end, perhaps when raising a support ticket with Atlassian, you should supply screenshots embedded into Word documents rather than attaching the image file directly... just as we (paying) end-users of Jira Service Desk have to endure.
I'm going by the documentation for the plugin.
https://documentation.infosysta.com/display/JAM/Extension+Security+-+Blocking
In this section, it seems you have to supply the project names the whitelist/blacklist applies to.
I couldn't find anything else on the same doc site that tells me how to whitelist/blacklist file extensions across all projects.
Can't see this link.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.